Sunday, May 13, 2018

I Got Stuck in an Elevator

I got stuck in an elevator once; it was a sad but fulfilling day. It didn't happen today or even yesterday, but many moons ago, back when I was in seventh grade.

My friend Jordan and I were taking the elevator down to the first floor of our school to drop off someone, a rare honor only blessed on those who are the most trustworthy, and we decided that it would be a great idea to take the elevator back up instead of taking the stairs. Jordan was this skinny, little, short guy that was full of spunk (keep that in mind for later), and he was supposed to run the key for the elevator to Ms. Newbie while I held the elevator door so we could take the elevator back down. Sneaky, sneaky.

He ran the key over, came running back, and jumped in the elevator. We pressed the button for the first floor and the most unexpected thing happened, an alarm went off. WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAA! Oh no it was Ms. Newbie but no, wait, it was the elevator!

The door started to close like in horror films but stopped with a little gap, just enough to allow an arm through.

 The alarm continued to go off and we started to panic. Jordan, being the little twig that he was, snuck through the tiny gap and made his way towards freedom. I, on the other hand, was not as small and was stuck.

"Jordan!"

I cried out, reaching my arm through the pathetic gap. I knew if he left me I would get caught and be all alone in the blame. How was I going to get myself out of this situation?

He stopped, looked at me, back to freedom, and made his decision. He came back (terrible decision, really because if this was actually a horror film we would both die). We held each other closely and finally the alarm stopped and the elevator closed, taking us down to the first floor. That was one of the more scarier times in my life, but it was also one of the greatest because I learned that day that I had a real friend. Ms. Newbie never found out and we never got in trouble. Did I mention there were only two floors at my school? Worth it? I would say it was a day well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment